Search quests by keyword function?

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Cow

Search quests by keyword function?

Post by Cow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:01 am

Greetings,

I am just starting a lore channel on youtube and was wondering if it was possible to implement a search function for keywords in quests?

Currently if you search it will search for quest/npc/item names. Is it possible to implement that to include descriptions?

E.G. I search for the word Nui (maybe tick a search box to include descriptions) and it would bring up every quest or item that has the word Nui in the description/text boxes etc.

Thanks.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Re: Search quests by keyword function?

Post by Kiriak » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 am

It's possible, but i don't want to include the descriptions into the search because this would bring a lot of unwanted results and additional load on the database, when people will look for items and other things.
However, with a checkbox it will not be a problem. I'll see what i can do about it.

Cow

Post by Cow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 am

thank you, would really appreciate it. really hard to find the lore of the game without looking at every single quest description or doing every single quest in game haha

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Done. You can go to the http://archeagecodex.com/us/search/ and tick the "Search in descriptions" checkbox, to search in the descriptions of the items and quests.

Cow

Post by Cow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Kiriak wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:42 pm
Done. You can go to the http://archeagecodex.com/us/search/ and tick the "Search in descriptions" checkbox, to search in the descriptions of the items and quests.
You Sir, are brilliant! Thanks a lot! :yahoo:

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:56 pm

You welcome! :D