Just wondering about other ppl's damage

Free talk area.
arby

Just wondering about other ppl's damage

Post by arby » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:26 pm

After chronicles went live they reduced the crit chance you get from attributes but increased the base damage a bit. So after a little gear fiddling i got my crit chance back up to 100% (with costume lunastone) and my crit damage to 398%. Now, according to their patch notes it was supposed to cap at 350% but obviously they got something wrong because it does continue to increase crit damage up to at least 400%. ANYWAY... I ended up with more attack damage and more crit damage, and even a wee bit more def pen than before the patch, but somethin weird happened...

I use EHM elites as the main example because with them it is more noticeable: Prior to chronicles I was able to 1-shot a group of 3 elites with 1 concussive arrow, after the patch it reduces them to about 20-30% health and i have to finish them off with a quick volley of missile rain. I also noticed it takes a few more shots to kill skyfins in the garden. It just seems strange to me that with more damage, according to the character sheet, I still seem to be doing less damage vs mobs. I don't pvp enough to know if there was a significant change there or not.

So, my questions are: is anyone else noticing similar issues, and has anyone seen anything stating that they changed the way damage is calculated again?
:player: :banghead: